eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Movable Type 3.2

« Instapundit: Now DENIES being InstaPropagandist! Update! | Main | Prove gravity exists, make a quick $100,000! »

March 06, 2005

Caption this, baby. You know you want to.

Instapundit, in the post I just cited here, writes the following about this photo:

Capt.Bei10403062029.Mideast Lebanon Syria Bei104

[AP caption:] "Syrian workers hold pictures of Syrian President Bashar Assad as one cuts himself with a knife during a pro-Syrian demonstration in Beirut, Lebanon, Sunday, March 6, 2005. Man cuts himself to show his support and commitment to his president."

[LATER: I didn't notice this the first time, but is it me or does the guy in the middle give the impression that he'd rather be hanging out with the hot chicks? He's my brother, he's into knives and Assad, Mom said to keep an eye on him, what can you do? So, you free Saturday night?]

That's a good caption. Many other good ones spring to mind:

"What do you mean my Ass-ad 4-Ever tattoo looks 'gay'? I'm'a cut you!"

"Give us all your money, infidel! Can you not see that our Judas Priest cover band has so far only been able to afford one Rob Halford wristband?"

"According to DSM-IV, self-injury is a cry for help! Do you hear, little Satan? A cry for help!"

Got any good ones? Put 'em in the comments.

Update: My Pet Jawa's got a contest going on a similar photo.

Posted by EtherPundit at March 6, 2005 11:22 PM   Category: Current Affairs , Games , Mockery

Comments

Uh, guys? Hezbollah sent along this rolled up poster for Fahrenheit 9/11; where should I stick it?

Posted by: Korla Pundit at March 7, 2005 12:08 AM

Seriously, Ahmed, do you really think all these pictures of Assad will make anybody think we had more than four people at this protest?

Posted by: Korla Pundit at March 7, 2005 12:12 AM

You better believe this knife is sharp! I just shaved my chest with it!

Posted by: Korla Pundit at March 7, 2005 12:16 AM

"We love you, Martha!!!!"

Posted by: Punxsutawney Phil at March 7, 2005 11:09 AM

"Come on down to Crazy Said's Used Assad Megastorel! All Assad pictures are half-off! Assad posters! Assad banners! Assad ass-ads! Look -- we're literally giving you the Assad T-shirt off our back! And now the Assad Megastore is having a going out of business sale -- every Assad portrait MUST GO! Crazy Said: we're INSANE!!!"

Posted by: Punxsutawney Phil at March 7, 2005 11:16 AM

IS THE GUY IN THE PIC CUTTING HIMSELF IS REALLY UR BROTHER
R U A SYRIAN OR LEBANESE
WOUNDER HOW IS HE GONNA COVER HIS MY ASAD4 EVER TATTOO WHEN THE BASTARD IS GONE :)

Posted by: Jude at June 1, 2011 06:23 PM

those are libyan people moron

Posted by: lulumaya at November 5, 2011 02:09 PM

It's the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have learn this publish and if I may I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write subsequent articles referring to this article. I wish to read more issues about it!

Posted by: tattoo at March 12, 2012 12:05 AM

All the best wishes for you guys. May Allaah help you in your stugrgle for dignity and freedom.On a side note,the green band at the top of the Syrian flag should be light green,not deep green. The light green one is the standard type used by most opposition groups,including the Syrian National Council,Free Syrian Army and most demonstrators inside and outside Syria.So was the pre-Baath flag. I think this deep green version you have got from Wikipedia,and this is erroneous. Plz see to this.Was salam

Posted by: Interclass at September 28, 2012 09:10 PM