eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by
Movable Type 3.2

« Yiddish Proverb Sunday! Read, so you should learn! | Main | Barnes & Noble cooking the books? Part II »

January 17, 2005

Rathergate story, told in anagrams of "Instapundit."

Regular readers will have noticed my fondness for anagrams. I recently started anagramming the names of some of my favorite blogs, and made an interesting discovery: I could tell the entire Rathergate story using only anagrams for Instapundit. Here it is.

Instapundit:
Disputant in
Unpaid Stint

A story in anagrams
by

Titan du Spin.

Dan tip is nut.
Dan puts it in.
“Tut, Dan!” I snip.
“Dan? Nut!” I spit.
I stand, input.
I sit, punt Dan.
Stint up, Dani!
Dan in tits-up.*

*Tits-up = British slang for dead, kaput, hopelessly messed up.

I'm going to attempt the same feat with anagrams of Little Green Footballs and Powerlineblog. I'll post what I have as soon as I've completed it.

Update: Glenn says I have too much time on my hands. Guilty as charged, m'lud!

Update: Check out the new set: Rathergate story, as told in anagrams of "Little Green Footballs."

Update: Now the Powerlineblog anagram story is up.

Posted by EtherPundit at January 17, 2005 04:26 PM   Category: Anagrams , Greatest Hits , Language , Media , Rathergate Anagrams

Comments

You REALLY need to get a hobby :-)

Posted by: John [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 17, 2005 08:06 PM

Perfect. Anagram reporting seems exactly the right note to take for some stories.

Posted by: magda j [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 17, 2005 08:40 PM

Wow! I did not think it was possible to do such a thing. My kids and I were pretty happy with this palindrome when the Iraq war started: Mad dash, eh, Saddam?

Posted by: CJ at January 17, 2005 08:56 PM

He has a hobby! Anagramming! :-)

Posted by: Mitch [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 17, 2005 09:31 PM

I'm afraid that, yes, anagramming is one of my hobbies.

And I'm a she. But I guess I do kind of write like a man, at that. :-)

Posted by: EtherPundit at January 17, 2005 10:20 PM

Perhaps too much time, but wonderfully wasted!

Thanks for the larf.

Posted by: Other John at January 17, 2005 11:32 PM

Funny, I thought of you as a man. Now, it's pajamaa. ;^)

Posted by: Jabba the Tutt at January 18, 2005 12:28 AM

clever

Posted by: Rod Stanton at January 18, 2005 05:37 AM

Mazel tov!

Posted by: Rod Stanton at January 18, 2005 05:38 AM

Apologies, Ma'am. *tips hat*

I suppose if I'd paid attention to the right column about section, I would've known your gender. :-)

Posted by: Mitch [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 20, 2005 03:40 PM

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos

Posted by: online bdsm chat at September 7, 2012 03:19 AM

Initial thoughts on onpeing the box were that it was presented in a rather amateurish fashion. Second thoughts were it is rather amateurish! However, for all its simplicity, on actually playing the game (with a very competitive husband), it is quite addictive. The rules are very few and simple, which is one of the plus points. If you like word games you will love this.

Posted by: Ochena at September 29, 2012 05:33 AM